Welcome to the new ABCGN Certification Center! Your online portal to apply for the ABCGN Certification Exam.
The ABCGN Certification Exam meets the highest professional standards and is the only CGRN certification program accredited by ABNS.
ABCGN Makes It Easy
This new one-stop shop using a unique online Dashboard approach offers the ability to:
- Apply for the exam
- Save your application and complete the process when you are ready
- Receive instant email communication once your application has been received
- Find out test results faster
- Chat live with staff if you have questions or problems
Certification Eligibility Requirements
ABCGN certification is open to Registered Nurses currently or recently engaged in GI/endoscopy. To qualify for certification or recertification, candidates must meet the following criteria:
1. At the time of application, candidates must have been employed in clinical, supervisory, administrative, teaching/education or research capacities in an institutional or private practice setting for a minimum of two (2) years full-time, or its part-time equivalent of 4000 hours, within the past five (5) years in GI/endoscopy.
Work experience must be at the level the candidate is certifying (i.e., an LPN who has become an RN must have two years experience as an RN prior to sitting for the CGRN designation regardless of the number of years of GI experience as an LPN.)
- Full time industry nurses whose focus is at least 40% clinical practice, education, or research are eligible. Those whose focus is sales are not.
2. Each candidate is required to submit the contact information of two responsible practitioners in the specialty who can verify his/her work experience and professional qualifications.
3. Each candidate is required to submit a copy of his/her current and unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the United States. .
Online registration for the spring exam is now closed. Registration for the fall exam will open June 1. IMPORTANT NOTE: Once the application window closes, no further applications will be accepted for that testing cycle.
If you have any trouble with the application or you are receiving incorrect pricing, please call ABCGN headquarters at 855-252-2246 or 855-25-ABCGN. Please do not start a new account.
Have an SGNA membership? Click below to login to the Certification Center
Need an account? Join SGNA to receive a discount or register as a non-Member
Please contact ABCGN Headquarters with any further questions about ABCGN certification by e-mailing Info@abcgn.org or calling 855-25-ABCGN or 855-252-2246/.